Friday, September 23, 2016

The Best of the Best: Instagram

Instagram has and will always be one of my favorite social media outlets. While I may not be the most active Instagram user, I love following a bunch of different brands and scrolling through their posts multiple times a day. Here is a list of some of my favorite Instagram accounts right now.

Hungrygirlsdoitbetter

Everybody loves food, but I consider myself to be a "foodie". I am always hungry, always ready to go out to eat, and always willing to try new things. This blog is one of my favorites because its about the best food around Atlanta. Every post features a beautifully crafted item with a mouthwatering description, but most importantly, the restaurant location. Needless to say, my list of restaurants, brunch locations, and food trucks to try is a mile long. With over 25K followers, this Instagram account has successfully marketed the top Atlanta locations to a very hungry audience. 













Starbucks

Calling all coffee lovers. If you aren't following Starbucks on Instagram, you need to do that as soon as possible. While Starbucks focuses on their coffee in all of the Instagram posts, they are not boring and repetitive. All of the posts feature coffee in cute and funny ways for each season such as an Iced Coffee on the beach with sunglasses and the new Fall flavors painted on pumpkins. Every time I see a Starbucks Instagram post, I immediately want to jump in my car and buy some coffee. Starbucks does an excellent job promoting an everyday drink into something beautiful and artistic. 


Anthropologie 

Some people might think Anthropologie is that boring class they took college when it's actually one of the most beautiful clothing and home decor stores out there. While Instagram can't fully capture how wonderful the products are, it does give viewers a glimpse into how unique and detailed the style is. This Instagram account gives me the urge to go shopping almost everyday because no one can have enough clothes, right? Another great thing about this account is that Anthropologie posts more than just their clothes. Bedding, books, jewelry and even scenic pictures fill their social media platform to better appeal to the consumer and tie in with their overall feel. 



Delta Airlines

Airports may not be everyone's favorite place go to, but traveling to a new place is completely worth it. If you're always one to book a last minute vacation and hop on the next plane out, the Delta Airlines Instagram account might be made for you. Delta has beautiful and jaw-dropping pictures from all around the world, making everyone want to book a ticket right away. This is an excellent marketing technique for Delta because people are always looking for new places to visit and want a reliable airline to book through.


 

Patagonia 

I have always loved being outdoors and taking adventures and Patagonia is the only company that inspires me to do that. Their Instagram account is incredibly beautiful and full of adventure while promoting their gear at the same time. While Patagonia is on Instagram to attract people to their store and products, they don't do it in a flashy, over the top way by constantly showing their logo in every picture. I can't help but want to online shop after seeing their inspirational pictures ranging from mountains to beaches, . 


22 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog. I loved how you compared the different instagram accounts of the different brands. Like yourself, I love trying new food! I'll be sure to checkout the Hungrygirlsdoitbetter Instagram account. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post opened my eyes to some new Instagram accounts to follow! These accounts are from companies I never would have considered following before, like Delta and Patagonia. However, the content looks like something from a page I would be following. These companies are definitely using Instagram the right way and posting relevant content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instagram has always been my favorite social media channel as well! I look to accounts like these for marketing and personal inspirations. Brands should look at Instagram very carefully in the upcoming years because college aged consumers are completely involved in that social media channel. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me hungry and sad that I'm sitting in class instead of traveling somewhere cool! I've never looked at Starbucks or Delta's Instagram accounts, but you made a really good point that they've figured out clever ways to market their product. Starbucks has figured out a way to engage their customers year round rather than simply posting advertisements. Delta's account is unique and special because they're promoting the experience rather than the purchase. There are plenty of airlines that can get you just about anywhere in the world, but Delta separates themselves with their unique travel pictures. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has given me great ideas! I just recently starting letting myself follow brands, I used to be so opposed and wanted to keep my Insta to only my friends and a few select celebrities. I followed Starbucks a couple weeks ago, and you're right, it's not repetitive at all, when I was expecting a varying version of the same picture of their coffee. It can be super useful to follow companies like this, as it keeps you updated with different promotions and new products. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great and informative post. It was interesting to see all these different brands using Instagram to advertise their products. Companies are really taking advantage of social media platforms to enhance their brands in a way like never before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instagram is my favorite social media platform, so I'm excited to check out some new accounts! Since I'll be moving to Atlanta next year, I'm sure I'll have a huge restaurant bucket list after scrolling through the Hungrygirlsdoitbetter feed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want to check out these accounts now! Hungrygirlsdoitbetter sounds awesome for an Atlanta girl like myself, but it also might be dangerous for my bank account... The brands you shared are definitely interesting. I never would think to follow Starbucks on Instagram unless it was for a contest or something. But clothing companies like Anthropology and Patagonia are some of my favorite brands to follow for great content and outfit inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed this post! After reading it I followed the majority of these accounts because I was so interested in their pictures. Instagram is one of the main platforms for companies and individuals trying to get their words out in the world. Getting the brand name out there by having pictures that draw the consumers attention is what Instagram is all about. A picture is worth a thousand words right? Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well-written post! I really enjoyed this submission. I like how you focused on various brands and stated why they stuck out to you as a consumer. I loved the imagery as well and I think it strongly supported your point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love instagram for food and fashion! I'm a foodie so the food post always interest me, and from a marketing stand point I typically and really drawn to go to their sites and find recipes. I think I like fashion on instagram so much because it shows the collections and articles of clothing in real life situations. You can typically find mutlipe outfit pairints for one piece of clothing and it leaves me inspired to try out something new.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your blog because I am an avid Instagram account follower. I love following clothing brands, FOOD, and travel sights. It not only inspires my wardrobe, food choices, and inspirations for travel but it genuinely interests me when I see posts such as these. It's an amazing marketing technique and really grabs the attention of followers. I think that the best thing a company can have is a good Instagram. Who knew Starbucks Instagram account could make you crave a coffee at any point in the day? I have gone to Starbucks and pointed at a drink that they posted on Instagram and ordered it that way. Good posts have a way of making you want whatever they're posting in that exact moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. After reading this post, I am now following 4 more accounts. I also love following a variety of brands because it opens my eyes to just how big the world is. It's amazing that you can discover so much on just one digital platform.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Instagram is probably my favorite form of social media because you just slip through pictures, and now I will probably be following Delta thanks to this post. I've never thought of them having an instagram, and it being so much like Nat Geo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will definitely be following Patagonia and Delta now! I don't post very often on Instagram either, but I am always scrolling through and browsing other pages. When a company has an awesome Instagram page its such an effective brand builder because someone can get a feel for the whole company in a few minutes just by looking through pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this post because it introduced me to new brands to follow on Instagram. I love following brands and food accounts on Instagram because it shows me new trends, both in the fashion world and food world! Following these types of accounts adds entertainment to my feed. While I love following my friends and seeing their posts, it's always fun coming across a post from a food account to learn a new recipe, or a clothing brand to see new styles. It's really important for brands to maintain their Instagram account because it should be a representation of who they are, and they should want to maintain their appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post! Personally, Instagram is my favorite social media platform and I love finding new accounts to follow. I love that you compared accounts across a variety of industries; it's interesting to see them side-by-side. I love Anthropologie, but have actually never checked out their Instagram. I feel like it would be dangerous for me to follow their account; I would spend way too much money haha. Great blog, I now have a bunch more Instagram accounts to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a new kid to Instagram, I really enjoyed your post! I now have great new accounts to follow. I'm also starving after combing through hungrygirlsdoitbetter, so thanks.... I also have an obsession with all things Patagonia and somehow hadn't even thought of following until now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am definitely going to give all of these brands a follow after reading your post! I am especially a fan of the foodie accounts :) I am constantly tagging and being tagged by friends in videos of Oreo cheesecake brownies and the such. I love how Instagram has become a way to be inspired in so many different areas including food, fashion, travel, and adventure like you mentioned. If you yourself are looking for more food accounts, check out the post I just wrote on Nedza's Waffles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. After reading your post, I am way more inclined to follow some of these brands. Instagram is my favorite social media platform because I love how the posts are not "in your face" trying to sell you a product. I already follow Patagonia, and I am always so inspired to travel when I view their posts! I am going to have to give "Hungrygirlsdoitbetter" a follow, because I'm hungry just looking at that ice cream-cookie-brownie sandwhich!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! I love the way you included the pictures from each Instagram account and how you compared the different ways in which the pictures interact with the audience. I enjoyed reading your insight on how the different brands you follow appeal to you personally. I mainly just follow my friends on Instagram because I don't want brands to spam my homepage, but after seeing some of these awesome pictures I'm definitely more inclined to follow brands that I enjoy to see how they engage their followers! Thanks for the great read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your post made me follow pretty much all of the brands I hadn't already been following. I'm a big foodie also and hungrygirlsdoitbetter just became my favorite thing in the world. We're always told that these brands' Instagram photos need to be intriguing and high-quality, and these photos have definitely accomplished that. Thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete